This is a response to VC 18 Drury 8 ("Another Bug?")...
My apologies to everyone for the unusually nasty bug that you all swatted over the phone last time. Had I not caught it in time it would have done some VERY strange things in some VERY strange places every time you tried to reply to a card. Special thanks to Robert, who was the first to detect this pest.
The "bug" you noticed, Drury, is a good bug that, in a sense, devoured the bad bug for us. The bad bug was in a complicated core routine that is called in five different situations. Fixing it was a very delicate matter and the corrections were too involved to read over a phone. Therefore, the simple change I gave all of you merely disabled the offending subroutine altogether. And this very subroutine is the one that places your icon in reply boxes!
It was a hard bug for me to catch because it never bites editors. And although I did disguise myself as a member as part of my testing procedure, I was short of time and didn't test hard enough. ANYWAY, the little bugger is gone now (I HOPE!) and the rewritten subroutine is back in action. And if you look back through the last few issues you will see that your icons are all in their proper boxes.