This is ONE OF 2 responses to VC 18 John 6 ("Send Something Black")...
A few miscellaneous comments:
1) This Rostenkowski fellow sounds like a ponarvian if I ever heard of one. Could he, a complete stranger to us, be somehow enticed to join our little group? How about, instead of a post card, we send him an issue of Archipelago and an invite?
2) This women in black to whom we are supposed to respond if we like Rostenkowski's gift - well, I don't know her, but her address is familiar, if this adds anything to the mystery (probably not). Dodge Hall is my old hangout at Columbia. It's the School of the Arts where all those artsy weirdos, those future NEA-getters beget their early knowledge of their respective crafts, be it writing, film, visual arts, music, or theater. Does that deepen the sauce at all?
3) I didn't have a chance to tell you, John, since there wasn't a button to set up a new card on Mr. Wizard, but your Rubick's clock gizmo is pretty cool and neat and ingeneous.
4) Likewise with this issue's Arboretum. You and Larry, especially derserve Kudos for your elegant profundity on the sexes.
5) Hi, Tom! Welcome to Archipelago. Hope you like what you've seen so far. I hope this doesn't sound too forward, but would you show us some of your fiction?
6) Yippee! I've rediscovered how to do palm trees and the little faces!