This is a response to VC 24 Janine 8 ("Super Chicken ")...
Okay, I guess I'm forced to come out with the big guns - "Twice Cooked Pork with Cabbage" - yummy!! Perhaps next time I'll share my special "Lemon Chicken with Black Bean Sauce" recipe.
- Place one pound boneless pork loin in wok. Add boiling water to cover. Heat to boiling. Adjust heat to maintain simmer, Simmer for about one hour.
- Fill large bowl half full of water. Dump pork loin in water and cover with ice cubes. Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Slice pork across grain into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Next ingredients:
small head of cabbage
2 green bell peppers
4-8 green onions, white part only
Core head of cabbage, separate leaves and slice into one inch triangles, squares, etc. Slice bell peppers into 1/2 inch squares. Cut onions into 1/2 inch lengths.
- Mix next ingredients in small bowl...
3 tablespoons black bean sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine (or sherry)
2 teaspoons sugar
1-3 teaspoons chili paste (go low if you have sensitive stomach or tongue).
- Mince 2-4 cloves of garlic and mince enough fresh ginger root to make 1-2 teaspoons.
- Heat wok - add peanut oil (about 2-3 tablespoons) - heat on high until oil just begins to smoke. Scatter in cabbage, bell pepper and onion. Stir fry until veggies begin to wilt. Remove to plate.
- Heat another 2 tablespoons of peanut oil to wok - heat until begins to smoke. Scatter in pork slices. Stir fry unitl lightly brown. Add garlic and ginger. stirfry 10 seconds. Add bean sauce mixture. Stir fry 30 seconds. Return veggies to wok. Cook and stir one minute. Serve over rice.