This is ONE OF 2 responses to VC 25 Yumi 7 ("Me Too!")...
When I try to understand what multi-ethnic means to me, the term that jumps at me is shared humanity.
Here is a list of books that I believe have best contributed to my world of shared humanity.
- To Kill a Mockingbird -- Harper Lee
- A Gathering of Old Men -- Ernest J. Gaines
- Dessa Rose -- Sherley Anne Williams
- All of Richard Wright's works
- Caribbean -- James Michener
- Strangers from a Different Shore -- Ronald Takaki
- Five Smooth Stones -- (the author's name escapes me at this time)
- China Boy -- Gus Lee