||This issue's installment
Voice Card - Volume 22 - Paul Card Number 7 - Thu, Oct 31, 1991 9:47 PM
This is a response to VC 21 Paul 10 ("More Bloopers")...
- "In my new job I'll organize material which isn't available at the moment."
- Email from unidentified individual
- "And welcome to the Central Park on this the first Monday of the week."
- DJ at night club
- "Please call immediately if you don't receive this."
- Note appended to a FAX message
- "[Stratus Computer] stuck with fault-tolerant computers, designed to keep working even if no parts fail."
- Boston Globe article
- "When Hugo hit South Carolina, Charlotte was devastated by tomatoes."
- Remark on hurricanes' potential for tornadoes
- "If you are sitting in an exit row and can not read this card please tell a crew member."
- Safety information card in America
West Airline seat pocket
- "Except as provided in FAR 91.213, all instruments and equipment installed on an aircraft MUST BE OPERATIVE IN ORDER FOR THE OPERATOR TO OPERATE IT."
- FAA advisory circular
- "Inexpensive Quality Daycare, Openings Day and Night"
- Sign in front yard, York, Maine
- "Tomorrow is going to look like a whole different day."
- CNN Prime News weather person
- "The Red Sox have another victory in the win column."
- Jim Boyd, WCVB-TV News, Boston
- "Three white matching Victorian fireplaces. Can be sold as a pair. #1,500 o.n.o. each."
- Articles for Sale, Irish Times, 22 Aug 1991
- "Hurricane Bob is upon us! Don't go out and gawk at the damage, let us do that for you!"
-Channel 13 News, Portland ME 8/19/91
- "The stock went flat because the FDA didn't approve a new breast implant..."
- Nightly Business Report on PBS
- "The first day of autumn will begin early next Monday morning."
- Vermont Public Radio
- "I always thought that Californians were smarter; they don't spend a lot of time watching TV, they spend it...watching the radio."
- DJ, Bay Area Radio Station K101
- "Honesty, courage, and loyalty, all free for just $18.00 per ticket."
- Radio station advert for a musical play
- "You'll probably see a lot of people who aren't here anymore."
- Heard in re an impending meeting
- "I always play better when I'm playing."
- Scottish golfer, on BBC Radio 5
- "Dean Saunders has been given a free transfer in his time but that performance tonight shows why he is worth that sort of money."
- Des Lynham after a Liverpool match
- "The system ...features a talking actor; you choose from three, either male or female."
- VNS #2415 TECHNOLOGY WATCH
- "I don't plan on making any offensive personnel changes."
- Miami Dolphins Coach Don Shula
- "Now Open - The Rustic Mansion Gift Shop featuring New Pre-Owned Antiques"
- Ad in the 1590 Broadcaster (local tabloid)
- "We may have an intangible which is hard to measure."
- Remark at a budget meeting
- "I see this as similar but different in a lot of respects."
- Rich Trewthewy, This Old House, PBS
- "Ground ball to Kelly at third. It'll be a long throw... and it's a short throw."
- John Gordon, Minnesota Twins announcer
- "Make sure you don't get locked into Open Systems."
- Overheard at Computer Conference
- "We never get weather like that here, but when we do, it doesn't last long."
- Southern California TV Weatherman
- "MINISTERS TO TARGET SIX-YEAR-OLDS IN BID TO BEAT LAWLESSNESS"
- Banner headline, The Sunday Times, 15 Sep
- "Lieutenant Dissorro just gave me what could be considered a very passionate kiss in the torpedo bay."
- Brent Spiner (Lt Cdr Data), on
Star Trek: The Next Generation
- "Cuthbertson has already kicked no goals, and that's not one either."
- Rex Hunt, Radio 3AW, Melbourne
- "I watched Stynes thinking as he got the ball to Viney and kicked a goal."
- Stan Alves, Radio 3LO, Melbourne