This is a response to VC 25 Larry 6 ("15 months and counting")...
We started making a list of Kristin's first words - we wanted to document at least her first fifty words. Here is the list, with approximate times when she acquired them:
- water (wa-wa)
- banana (nana)
- opai (Japanese for breast)
- Annie (her best friend)
- Minnie (Mouse)
- Big Bird
- help me
We stopped here because she is picking up words at a rate that we can't keep up with anymore. Also, some of the words she uses now are just the result of her repeating whatever we say. She's going through that phase now.
- Barney (the imaginary dinosaur)
- brown bear
The last few weeks she has been starting to string two and three words together to get her point across to us. Things like:
Kristin also is saying please and thank you when appropriate. Initially, she would just say please, because it would result in her getting something - and thank yous were hard to come by. Now, she still sometimes needs reminding about the please part, but thank yous appear all of the time without prompting.
- Daddy up (get your butt up dad).
- Daddy run (daddy's going jogging).
- Michael boom (Mike fell down).
- baby nite-nite (baby's going to sleep).
- Auntie home Danny (Danny's at Auntie Vera's house).
- Daddy work bye-bye or Daddy door bye-bye (daddy's going to work).
- Barney stuck chimney (Barney's stuck in the chimney).
- Annie home knock-knock (Let's go to Annie's house).
- Kristin boom ow (Kristin fell and hurt herself).