This is ONE OF 4 responses to VC 29 John 9 ("Twenty Words")...
I once read a delightful short story by the woman who wrote Gigi, Collette is the authoress I believe, I am straining my brain to remember.
Anyway, the main character was a young girl talking about her favorite word which was - presbytry. Her reasons had nothing to do with the meaning of the word but with the sensuality of it.
As for my favorite words mmm let's see...
Having a cute toddler around who is trying to learn English affects my choice. Bob is behind in his speech development but he is progressing. Now he is aware that words exist and makes grand attempts at learning words and makes magnificent facial contortions in the attempt.
Other favorite words:
- Up. Pronounced uuuuuuuupp. It is a very useful word meaning, up, upstairs, outside, down and let's go into another room.
- Gawk translates to duck, applied to all birds.
- E. Pronounced long eeeeeeeee. This means write or draw, all letters are Es, E is Elisabeth.
- Egg pronounced eeeeeegg (long e).
- Emancipation Proclamation
I can't think of any more - I will have to finish later.