As anticipated, the Archipelago reunion was an overwhelming experience, one which even perhaps strained the endurance of our fearless leader. Somehow, everyone who intended to show up found the place despite bad maps, windy roads with lots of forks and restrictive rules on where to park.
But the sunset was beautiful, the walk invigorating and the conversation especially so. I really enjoyed seeing everyone again, all in one place. It's just too bad the festivities couldn't have continued a little bit longer.
One of the high points for me was the unveiling of the personalized bowling shirts and ensuing photo session, followed by the actual bowling event the next day. There appears to be some real bowling talent among various Archipelago members. Aside from this rather surprising turn of events, it was interesting to watch everyone's bowling styles and attitudes.
Here is my own personalized list of awards:
- John C., for most outrageous bodily contortions after making a strike
- Paul, for cutest approach
- Stuart, for cutest shoulder shrug after a gutter ball
- Janine, for making funniest face after a gutter ball
- Roger, for most furtive facial expression before letting go of ball
- Drury, for most jumping after a strike
- and myself, for most concerted efforts to influence course of ball through bodily movements after letting go of ball
Wish I could go on, but I've got to send these voice cards off now before I leave on vacation. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the chance of the next reunion.