You asked for a description of my current retirement hobby, creating an artificial language. I will describe it by laying out the steps that I expect to go thru to complete it.
1. Learn "C" programming language to develope all the required programs.
2. Develop an 800 to 1200 word language that is strong on description but nearly unemotional (necessary to avoid huge number of words and less precise description).
3. Develop a program that will take an english story, typed in, and translate it to this language and take a story written in this language and translate it into english.
4. Choose the twelve clearest sounds that can be learned reasonably easily and make a program and input device that will allow the computer to understand the sounds spoken in the proper sequence.
5. Develop a program that will allow the computer to understand and answer and converse with a person on a simple (say 7 or 8 year old level).
6. Develop two or three computer games that require you talk to the computer in the language to do well in the game.
I envision this to take me about five years to do this along with other things I am doing in my retirement. After I have finished this project, I have no particular goals associated with it.
[Editor's note: A true PONARV!]