This is a response to Vol 9 John 1 ("Suggestion Box")...
Quite a few modifications and new features this time out, with more just around the corner!
Robert suggested that it would be nice to have some indicator of a card's tree structure. I may be able to slip a tiny indicator next to the word-o-meter; stay tuned.
- Paul has sniffed out yet another bug. This one involved moving backward through hello cards from first back to last. I fixed it.
- I have installed a Word-o-Meter on every voice card so that you can tell at a glance how full the card is. See Vol 10 John 17.
- I have added a subtle tone that plays whenever you click on an index title. Would any of you like to see more sound effects associated with the operation of other voice card buttons?
- I now automatically capitalize voice card titles in case you forget (before I was doing this by hand).
- As per Paul's suggestion, I have added a new Preface Card which will appear at the beginning of each volume and provide an overview of the issue. This addition is a prelude to the changes coming in version 2.0. See Vol 10 Preface 0.
- I have removed the annoying and seldom-used speaking card feature and replaced it with something much simpler. From now on, when you click on the bullhorn in the upper left corner, the bullhorn will turn white to indicate that the card has not yet been read. This is useful if you want to come back to it or generate a reply sometime in the future and you want to be reminded. See Vol 10 John 18.
- I have added two powerful new buttons to Hello Cards. The Past button links you to previous hello cards while the Future button carries you forward. See Vol 10 John 19.
I now have a pretty clear idea what Archipelago 2.0 should look like and I am eager to get that project underway. So PLEASE, if you have any ideas or suggestions, put a card in my suggestion box. Thanks!