My programming projects are starting to stack up, so I thought I'd think aloud about my To Do List. Perhaps you can help me prioritize.
I am starting to get an idea of how the tutorial might work. It would appear as a Mr. Wizard installment and would be a kind of build it yourself kit. I would provide all the necessary backgrounds, fields, and buttons, along with a list of instructions, and it would be up to you to drag all the pieces into place.
- Create Travelogue Stack (See Vol 4 John 19). It should have maps and all sorts of various categories.
- Create a stack or stacks to hold non-book reviews: software reviews, music reviews, etc. (again, See Vol 4 John 19)
- Redesign Member List stack, perhaps with all-in-one cards that provide special information in pop up fields, and include pictures (if the rest of you ever send me a photograph), and maybe even thinking style quiz scores and other tid bits.
- Create Holly's voice card time tracking stack (See Vol 2 John 25).
- Create a personal notebook stack (See Vol 4 John 15).
- Completely revamp and evolve the island quiz stack. This project is still pretty nebulous. (See Vol 3 John 13).
- Develop some kind of group wide game, whether it be Interactive fiction, Nomic, our own version of Strategic Conquest, Robot Wars, or whatever.
- A much improved and updated Archipelago Help Manual (I won't worry about this until things stabalize).
- An improved and illustrated HyperPoetry stack.
- Paul has suggested some kind of catalog of past intro cards.
- An endless series of Mr. Wizard stacks.
- And last but not least, our special HyperCard Tutorial project.
Possible ideas for the tutorial stack include:
I'll wait a little longer before calling for a vote on this issue. At the moment I am leaning slightly in favor of the Diabetes Stack, if we can nail down just what it is supposed to do. Whatever we choose, it needs to be fairly simple.
- Genealogy stack
- Grading Stack
- Diabetes Stack (See Vol 4 Tomás 3)
- Music Stack
- Animation Stack
- None of the Above
Quite a list, eh? The sooner I teach you guys HyperTalk the better!